We have received news from MCU and Cricket Ireland that we can return to training, for a return to training having met the necessary protocols. Big thank you to Dan, Ben, Michael, Suzanne, Paddy and Renny who helped get the club ready.
The main reason why these protocols are in place is to keep us all safe, minimise risk of infection and enable contact tracing to work if someone has fallen ill. So here’s what you need to know:
1. you need to register as a member for 2020 and pay your subs!
- only fully paid up members can attend.You can register for membership this year online here
- If you have registered, please pay your subs and email the club confirmation of payment
Please note: Membership has to be strictly enforced this year, due to insurance and COVID requirements.
2. You need to complete the forms and book a training session. .
- Before you attend training you need to complete out a COVID declaration form. We have made this easy and it is online here.
- You then book a training slot. We currently have Wednesdays and Fridays open. This has to be booked at least 24 hours beforehand.
3. Attending Training .
- There are sets of guidlelines that we all must follow to keep each other safe. Please read them here.
- The clubhouse and toilets will not be open, so you need to arrive in your clothes and use the toilet before you leave for training!
- Please arrive on time and not early. There is no parking at the clubhouse, so park on the roadway.
- Walk down the track to the club house to the quarantine area and use the sanitisation station that will be set up outside the club house.
- Only use your own equipment at training, train in the designated zones and follow the directions of the COVID officer who will be at your training.
- ONce you have finished training, please leave straight away via the gate by the nets and head back up the trackway to the main road.
4. Playing Matches,
- There will be a similar set of guidelines published.
- You will need to complete the declaration form prior to the match and be included on the list of players selected to play.
- Prior to the match commencing, the Covid Safety Officer has to sign off on all members of the teams playing and will need to check memberships and signed declaration forms.
- Follow the guidelines for return to playing. They will be published shortly.
Michael Condon, Chairman
Lismore Cricket Club