The plan released from Cricket Ireland indicates that under-18s can start training in pods of up to 15 people from 26 April 2021. While it is hoped that adults can return to training in May, we are still awaiting the exact timing of this, which is subject to further Government guidance.
However, the MCU expects to be able to operate a full league season, starting in June or July, following similar covid measures as set out last year.
While we await government and MCU guidance on exactly when we can return to train and play, we are opening the membership applications up. This is vital for the club, as with COVID restrictions activity & maintenance around the club has been non existent. However costs of running the club still remain, with spending on insurance, grounds maintenance and upgrading the club house a priority. We expect to be able to return to get the pitch & cubhouse in order in the coming weeks, so we thank all members who have paid memberships already, and encourage all other members to support the club in the lead up to the coming season.
For 2021 players are also required to register with Munster cricket, in order to play League and Cup matches – it is advised to register as soon as possible.
Fees for MCU registrations are as follows (paid direct to Munster Cricket here):
To complete your membership you’ll have to do three things.
- Complete the online registration form –or– download and fill in the form from here and submit to the secretary
- Submit your fee via bank transfer (see account details) –or– pay online here
- Complete the MCU registrations here
Paying membership will:
- Help the club cover expenses incurred in the year to date.
- Allow you to train at club facilities and play in matches. This will be more tightly monitored as only Club Members will be able to participate this year due to COVID restrictions and contact tracing.
- Help the club cover expenses.
NOTE: Members who pay their subscriptions via the online are also invited to make an additional voluntary contribution via the fundraising page (@ €5) to help cover the costs of providing this service (where they can afford to do so).
For those who have paid memberships already, we thank you.
Thanks and look forward to seeing you at the Castle Farm soon.
Dan Dixon, Secretary
Lismore Cricket Club.